CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tough Week


This week was really tough. It seems like I have been really down and not normal for myself.
I guess it makes it worse when you are sick. You feel like yuck, miss home, the memories of Lubbock, and everything else in between.
I also just found out last Wednesday that I have a stomach infection. I think that God has been telling me something lately that I just need to rest and spend more time with Him.
The up-side to this is that I have been craving to read and journal so much. Its like a wakeup call to you when sometimes you don't get the craving that you crave.
A couple of weeks ago I was reading about the vine and the branches in John 15. I love this chapter so much. I really think that God is really doing this to me in what he says here.
In verse 2 its says, "He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes. so that it will be even more fruitful."
Pruning will hurt, but you become better. Its like God is the gardener/farmer, we are the fruit that he plants. We will die, but God will take the seeds out of us, so that we can produce more good fruit.
I think that its such an amazing thought to think about. Its so amazing how God can really speak through scripture and you find a verse that just hits home. It's the Holy Spirit. It's like a gift, a gift from God. He gives it to you when you need it the most. You see He knows us better than we know ourselves! He knows what scriptures to feed us so that we can bear more fruit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan. I know it is hard. Keep working and God will help. I love you and I know that God is molding you into a wonderful "warrior" for him. Tana

Zack said...

Keep hanging in there. I know God is working in and through you there. Just keep your eyes on Him and He'll bring you through this time. God bless!
Zack

AIMing in Africa said...

Hey, you. Praying for you guys.
Love.
Logan

Guy and Nancy said...

Sorry you were sick. I miss you girl but hear you are doing great from my family. You sound like you are learning and growing so much in the Lord. Aspen misses you of course and is just getting huge. Our website is babystover.blogspot.com love you meg - nan