CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Everything that we have is HIS

I have been wanting to blog for several days now, but I seem to not find the time.
First of all I want to wish you Happy Mexican Independence Day! Today is Independence Day in Mexico. I will explain that later on.
Several days ago my Spanish class went to a movie. It was free and all of the churches in Leon were invited. It was a spiritual mindset movie. When our teacher, Tana, told us that the name of he movie was the Death Saint, I kind of freaked out. I wasn't quite sure what I was really going to see. It ended up being a really good movie and has been making me think for several days now on the one of the many beliefs of Catholicism.
The movie was about a saint that many Catholics believe in. Its a saint that if you believe in it and pray to it, that it will keep you from dying. If you also believe in this saint, you also wear the necklace that has the image of it. Its kinda freaky looking- it is a skeleton in a robe with an ax. Throughout the movie, it had Christians telling the people about the true living God. At the end of the movie, the people that were worshiping this death saint turned their lives over to Jesus.
Please realize that this is very hard for me to explain. The reason is because it has so many different views.

"Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes." -Romans 10:1-4


Thursday night was small group. I was really looking forward to this all week. I always can't wait for the Christian fellowship and lifting our Father on His throne.
The mom, Patricia, made us dinner again. She was so excited once again to turn the table and serve us. She made Carne de Jugo. Which is steak soup in it's broth. It was so yummy and was full of flavor. You can put onion and cilantro in it and can also take a tortilla and dip it. The tortilla soaks up the flavor. Its making my taste buds water just talking about it.
The lesson was really convicting. We talked about the Prayer of Faith in James 5. I have really been thinking about how my faith is not my own, but it is God's. He is my faith.

3 comments:

Zack said...

Great blog here Megan! Very interesting movie. Glad your Small Group went well. God bless you and your whole group there in Leon! Keep AIMing to bring others to know Jesus. Be blessed!
Zack

Unknown said...

Megs,

Hey friend! It was so good to read your newsletter and I'm glad to know I can read what's going on more often through your blog. I'm so happy to hear that you are really loving it there. I praise God for the faith you have that allows you to serve him even when you are far from all the comforts of home and family. You are a wonderful example and an encouragement to so many. Keep up the great work.
Love you!

Priscilla Chandler said...

Hi Megan

You dont know me but I stumbled across your blog. My Dad lives in Leon and has for the last 10 years.
He lives alone and is very lonely.
He got saved a few years ago but has no christian connections/fellowship. I know this is random...but could you pray and see if the Lord shows you anything.

Blessings
Crystal